We are seeking a dedicated and experienced HelpDesk Manager to join our team in the Biotech/Pharmaceuticals industry. This position will report to the Head of IT.
This is a hands-on role as a technical lead, providing direct helpdesk support as needed and escalation support and technical troubleshooting guidance to helpdesk staff for requests and incidents. This role will also define, implement, and monitor IT Service Desk policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure consistent and reliable services. This role will also define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics associated with the IT Help Desk to continuously measure and improve IT support services. Due to the deskside support requirements of the IT Helpdesk, this position requires an onsite presence at ORIC’s facilities, with limited flexibility for remote work.
- Oversee the daily operations of the IT helpdesk, ensuring high-quality support and timely resolution of issues.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to support the operational needs of the organization.
- Coordinate with various departments to understand their IT requirements and ensure they are met.
- Manage IT projects related to system upgrades, installations, and configurations.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards related to data security and privacy.
- Provide oversight for outsourced helpdesk staff.
- Prepare reports on helpdesk performance and system issues for upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT support services, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with implementing and managing IT support tools and ticketing systems (preferably Freshworks).
- Work closely with other members of the IT Team to ensure that computer systems (e.g. computers, network, printers, applications, infrastructure, and other IT services) are supported properly.
- Provide AV and teleconference support for onsite meeting rooms utilizing Zoom Room, Microsoft Teams, and NEAT equipment.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, networks, and software used in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Manage inventory levels and ordering for all stocked IT equipment to ensure adequate inventory levels are managed within the departmental budget.
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding process for the provision/deprovision of IT assets and access to computer systems and software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Customer-centric mindset with a focus on delivering exceptional service.
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations and cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience working in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Certifications like ITIL or similar are highly desirable.
- Experience with O365, Active Directory, Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with GxP (Good Practices) regulations in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with access management across document management systems such as SharePoint and Box.com
- Website management experience
- Experience administrating mobile device management (Intune)
- Experience administrating SSO (OKTA)
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in our South San Francisco location is between $124,000- $145,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.