We are seeking a talented and highly motivated chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. You will work with a highly dynamic group that is focused on moving projects from the hit identification stage to the discovery of clinical candidates. The Nurix mission is to control protein fate to treat human diseases leveraging exciting technologies to target protein degradation.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated substantial experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry and standard analytical methods. Having developed an understanding of the physicochemical properties that drive drug discovery are highly desired.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of highly experienced scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators.
- BA/BS or equivalent with typically 5+ years of relevant experience or MS with typically 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to troubleshoot synthetic chemistry problems, work on mg to gram scale reactions, and optimize synthetic routes
- Experience in hit-to-lead and lead optimization as part of a medicinal chemistry team
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles with a solid understanding of the basic biology and pharmacology of programs, the ADME issues, and series SAR
- Strong skills in gathering, documenting, and analyzing information from competitive sources such as patents and meetings.
- Good ability to manage own priorities and deliverables, both independently and in the team setting
- Excellent communication of project rationale, key experimental results, issues and accomplishments in appropriate verbal and written form
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view