Research Associate II, In-Vivo Pharmacology at ORIC Pharmaceuticals
South San Francisco, CA, US
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates technical in vitro skills (proficiency performing in vitro cell culture, scale-up, banking and maintenance of frozen stocks)
- Demonstrates technical in vivo skills (proficiency in handling rodents, administering therapeutics via various routes, tumor implantation and measurement, blood collection, animal necropsy)
- Designs, plans, prioritizes, executes and interprets in vivo studies using skills focused on identifying candidate molecules and translational research within the area of oncology with minimal guidance
- Prepares formulation and dosing solutions
- Familiar with development and characterization of mouse models of cancer
- Experience with ex vivo assays (e.g. qPCR, western blot) and immunohistochemistry
- Works closely with DMPK, Biology, Translational Medicine, and Project teams to determine key pharmacology questions and seek solutions
- Collects, records and analyzes data in electronic notebook format using programs such as Microsoft Office Applications, Prism and Benchling
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
We believe in a total rewards philosophy that encompasses competitive base salaries, performance-based bonuses, equity awards, and well-subsidized healthcare for all full-time employees. The salary range for this position is $88,000 to $107,000 ; and the final salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on several factors that may include, but are not limited to, the type and length of experience within the industry, education, knowledge, skills, abilities and tenure for internal applicants. ORIC is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not be applicable to successful candidates who work in other states. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for bonus and equity awards including both stock options and restricted stock units.
- A M.Sc. with 2+ years or a B.Sc. with 5+ years life sciences experience with a strong focus on in vivo pharmacology/immunology in an industry setting
- Experience in utilizing preclinical cancer models (xenograft, syngeneic and PDX) and applied technologies enabling in vivo analyses
- Broad experience on generating in vivo pharmacology data to support the discovery and development of novel cancer therapeutics, including efficacy, tolerability, PK, PK/PD, and biomarker endpoints
- Understanding of key components and process of drug discovery, applied pharmacology and drug development
- Hands-on experience in relevant ex vivo experimental and molecular biology techniques such as cell culture, ELISA, qPCR, western blot, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry and cell immunophenotyping
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements to remain compliant with IACUC and AALAC regulations
- Ability to maintain proper scientific documentation associated with pharmacology studies in electronic lab notebooks, write technical reports and present summaries of research results
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Highly collaborative, self-driven and detail-oriented individual