Bolt Threads is a material solutions company. Taking nature as our inspiration, we invent and scale cutting-edge materials that put us on a path towards a more sustainable future. To bring our revolutionary MyloTM material to the world, we have formed a consortium of iconic companies: Adidas, Kernig, Lululemon, and Stella McCartney. Mylo products are on the way. Mylo is a sustainable alternative to leather that will become available to the world through our consortium partners. Made from infinitely renewable mycelium, the complex latticework of underground fibers so string they hold the planet together. Bolt Europe is a part of Bolt Threads, founded in 2009. Discover more about Bolt Threads at https://boltthreads.com/.
Purpose and Impact
The Senior Maintenance & Facilities Manager, reporting to the Director of Engineering, will be responsible for the overall maintenance and reliability of the manufacturing lines & facilities in Arnhem. Leading a team of technicians, you will set-up and improve factory performance and decrease unexpected down time.
- At this brand-new location, you will strategically plan and implement a Reliability Based Maintenance program while in parallel establishing a culture of Total Productive Maintenance throughout the facility.
- You will set up leading and lagging KPI’s and maintenance management systems and processes.
- Together with the Bolt team, suppliers and 3 rd party maintenance providers you work together to optimize the performance of the equipment and systems. When there are failures, you and your teams act fast towards the solution, and you create a system to ensure the presence or
delivery of critical spare parts.
- You will perform PFMEA and RCA after which you will implement solutions while you support a culture of continuous improvement.
- As Bolt continues to build manufacturing plants you work on blueprints for future maintenance and reliability processes within the organization.
- You keep your stakeholders up to date on the progress maintenance is making and work with your partners in manufacturing, engineering and quality to deliver a reliable and high performing asset.
- Create a safe working environment for technical activities and ensure compliance with SHE regulations and Bolt policies and procedures.
- Where applicable, work with engineering to performing equipment, installations along with supporting the start-up and commissioning of that equipment.
- Experience with building maintenance and reliability budget for the facility.
- Manage projects that are centered around Maintenance and Reliability improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Lean – Six Sigma professional (minimum Green Bolt)
- Experience in leading maintenance teams and 3rd parties
- Experience with setting up and executing on maintenance KPI’s and preventive and predictive maintenance strategies
- Strong communication and writing skills in Dutch and English