Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a Research Associate to join our Process Development team for our cell therapy programs. The successful applicate will have prior experience with process development and exposure to the scale up of gene modified cell therapies. Applicants should be familiar with culture expanded immune cells (e.g. NK cells or T cells), be comfortable with working in a pre-clinical process development environment, and be familiar with analytical method development and implementation. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of “smart therapeutics” and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment.
- Contribute to process development for cell therapy development programs, including natural killer cells (NK cells), CAR-T cells and other therapeutic cell modalities.
- Perform transductions on primary human cells via viral vectors and other gene delivery methods
- Independently perform experiments on process conditions and raw material qualification.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Maintain accurate lab records and notebooks
- Author protocols, reports and standard operating procedure documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science related field
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with aseptic mammalian tissue culture including both adherent and suspension cells
- Experience with gene delivery methods (e.g. transduction) and related functional assays
- Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal technical supervision
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Experience with magnetic cell enrichments and depletions in and closed-system cell therapy manufacturing processes is preferred
- Proficiency with flow cytometry preferred
- Bioreactor experience is preferred
- Previous experience working in an industry is preferred
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.