Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the process and analytics excellence practice at the intersection of our Finance and People Operations functions. This is a great opportunity on the finance team, to make a difference by streamlining the finance and people operation processes, support improvements to the team's methodologies and business practices, and facilitate integration between the two teams. The individual will use their analytics skills to identify and solve business problems, capture detailed requirements, and compile business and functional design documents, translating those into meaningful reports and dashboards for end-users within the larger organization. The role will focus on designing and implementing lean, human-centered, and effective processes. This individual will report directly to the CFO and work closely in a cross functional capacity to partner with the Head of People Operations, their team, and the IT team. The role will make a strategic impact on our employees and managers, allowing them to better focus on our vision of improving lives of people with cancer.
- Develop and communicate a strategic and operational vision for process design and delivery by leveraging expertise in process excellence to drive People Operations strategic initiatives, roadmap definition, and goals shared with finance
- Lead process design delivery by managing prioritization, coordinating process reviews with People Operations, Finance, leadership, and other stakeholders, communicating status, and empowering other teams in the organization, with tools to improve related processes
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver key monthly dashboards and metrics, scheduled and ad-hoc reports, and queries that meet the business needs of partners
- Drive and support the development of a data-backed decision-making tools and culture
- Use data to drive decision making, identify areas for improvement, and proactively respond to changing dynamics and demographics
- Ensure the development of proper training and documentation for annual processes and programs (e.g., year-end compensation, Performance management and workforce planning effort.)
- Implement repeatable processes that help Senti prioritize, plan, and manage multiple parallel process improvements across the People Operations, Finance, and our stakeholders
- Develop and track program performance against time and cost saving goals and report on the improvements to the leadership team
- Analyze and develop solutions for business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context to solve for the process gaps
- Recommend trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints to maximize business benefit while building and delivering great customer experiences internally
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree OR minimum 6 years of relevant experience and a MS, MBA, or MA degree in a related field such as math, business, or industrial-organizational psychology
- 4+ years Data Analytics or consulting experience is preferred
- Experience with consulting with stakeholders to solve challenges by asking questions, actively listening, and positioning relevant solutions
- Experience with HRIS or other HR data and systems and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong Human Resources/People Operations experience in business partnering, analytics, or systems, visual analytics, product management, strategy consulting, and machine learning knowledge/experience is preferred
- Experience with Excel, Python, SQL, or Tableau is preferred
- Analytical mindset (e.g., fluency in metrics and statistics, visualization, survey methodology, data management, etc.)
- Clear communicator with the ability to originate and deploy data-driven solutions and insights to a wide range of stakeholders through visualization, and storytelling
- Ability to flex and operate across diverse responsibilities in particularly in Finance and People Operations to contribute to cross-functional organizational objectives
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.