Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Research Associate to join its Process Science team that is focused on advancing new products and enabling technologies. This role will be part of a team of associates and scientists that develop processes and technologies for manufacturing NK-cell therapies. The position will require experimental execution, troubleshooting and optimization of processes, data analysis, drafting of and presentation of results.
- Contribute to process development for cell therapy development programs, including natural killer (NK cells) and other therapeutic cell modalities
- Perform small- and large-scale experiments using primary cells to support multiple operations including expansion, gene editing, selection/expansion of clones, cell harvest and cryopreservation
- Perform transductions on primary human cells via viral vectors and other gene delivery methods
- Supports process optimization efforts to increase process robustness, improve transduction efficiency, cell yield and purity
- Contribute to donor screening and testing processes using high-throughput assays
- Collaborate with research teams on relevant ex-vivo assays (Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Luminex based assays and PCR)
- Maintain accurate lab records and notebooks
- Author protocols, reports and standard operating procedure documents
- Present results in team meetings and delivers presentation to both small and large groups
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cell & Molecular Biology or related life science field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in process development setting
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture including both adherent and suspension cells
- Proficiency with flow cytometry strongly preferred
- Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal technical supervision
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detailed oriented individual with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.