Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
We are seeking an experienced nonclinical safety pharmacology and toxicology scientific leader reporting to the TBD. The title will be commensurate with leadership experience. This position requires strong intellectual leadership, working across discovery and development teams, and will serve as the nonclinical subject matter expert. The incumbent will design, conduct, and interpret nonclinical toxicology and investigational in vivo safety studies including exploratory, pilot, and pivotal, will advise management on the toxicological aspects of the project, and will effectively communicate with worldwide regulatory agencies to bring our immune oncology drugs to patients as quickly as possible. This is an ideal position for a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that has demonstrated expertise in toxicology supporting immune drug development, recent US and ex-US regulatory FIH submissions, and a passion for growth and learning in our fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Lead toxicology/preclinical safety strategy for the Senti pipeline of immune oncology XXX
- Constructing non-clinical development strategies, from discovery to early clinical development gene and cell therapy programs
- Oversee and manage studies with CROs and external consultants
- Manage collaborations with study directors to support writing of study protocols, amendments, and study reports for non-GLP and GLP studies
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present nonclinical safety data, both interim and final to internal teams and leadership
- Lead investigative efforts into mechanisms of toxicity as needed
- Develop and implement target de-risking and screening strategies in discovery teams to support safety lead optimization efforts
- Author toxicology and safety pharmacology sections and contribute to efficacy and safety sections of global regulatory documents (INDs, NDAs, BLAs and CTDs)
- PhD or DVM (DABT preferred) in Biology, Immunology, Toxicology or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in immuno-oncology in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Prior experience with immune oncology biologics preferred
- Familiarity with developing/advancing safety or preclinical strategies for cell and gene therapies to enable project teams
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing safety or pharmacology strategies for teams including species selection, and justification of maximum tolerated dose or NOAEL across different therapeutic areas or modalities, e.g. biologics, cell or gene therapies
- Proactive, enthusiastic, able to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick, but thoughtful decisions
- Ability to work independently and direct day to day responsibilities supporting in vivo studies
- Excellent record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time-management skills enabling efficiency and independence
- Able to manage multiple projects in a regulated environment
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in relevant software & computer skills
- Proven flexibility to deal with changing timelines, shifting work priorities
- Previous experience in gene and cell therapies
- INDs, BLAs and NDAs experience
- Expertise in Good Laboratory Practices
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.