Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Summary: Senti is seeking an SEC & Corporate Counsel who will provide legal support and counsel to Senti’s employees, executives and board members on a range of corporate activities. Reporting to the VP of Legal Affairs, the individual will be primarily responsible for advising on corporate and board governance, securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, including assisting with the preparation of earning releases and other public announcements. In addition, the individual will work collaboratively as part of the legal team to handle general corporate legal matters and operations to support Senti’s business, people, products, technology.
- Manage the preparation and filing of periodic and annual reports and other securities-law filings, including Securities and Exchange Commission filings on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, and proxy materials
- Assist in the preparation of and review of earnings releases, annual meetings and other relevant public announcements in collaboration with key stakeholders, including finance and investor relations functions
- Assist with board and committee meeting logistics, including coordinating, preparing, and distributing board/committee materials, meeting agendas, notifications, minutes and governance matters
- Provide legal advice and support in connection with stock plans, executive compensation, subsidiary management, investor relations, shareholder outreach and other corporate matters
- Develop, recommend, implement corporate policies and procedures, including governance and operational policies and best practices
- Collaborate with corporate legal team to keep senior management and board members apprised of corporate governance trends and developments
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including finance, controller, corporate communications and other legal professionals, on various projects
- Assist in transactions material to the business such as due diligence, document drafting and review and project management
- Draft, review, and negotiate various agreements and develop and maintain form agreements
- Provide training to employees pertaining to legal issues and operations, including current legal issues, corporate policies and practices
- Mange outside counsel, including budget and work product; and
- This position is located in South San Francisco with flexibility for a hybrid arrangement of working remotely and on-site
- A JD from an accredited law school
- Active membership in a state bar required
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in corporate and securities law practice required
- Prior experience in a major law firm and/or in-house at publicly traded biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies preferred; and
- Undergraduate degree in science preferred
- Leadership presence and ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management;
- Strong verbal/written communication and analytical skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific/technical expertise
- Highly team-oriented
- Flexibility as to the types of projects assigned
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage time-sensitive matters
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in cross-functional teams, multitask with ease, and skillfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with software programs and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Slack, Box, etc.
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.