Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti is seeking a Contracts Manager to work with our contract negotiation team to support increasing demand from the business. The ideal candidate will have excellent negotiation, contract drafting and analytical skills, as well as previous in-house legal experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, or clinical research organization. Additionally, the candidate will have a proven track record of collaborating with colleagues in Legal and business functions on a wide range of contract types, and of effectively and efficiently handling a large volume of agreements. This is a non-attorney position but candidates with law degrees will be considered.
- Draft, negotiate and manage a high volume and wide variety of contracts, including clinical trial agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, and services agreements
- Review clinical study protocols, informed consent forms and clinical trial related documents for clinical trials
- Identify legal and contractual risks and escalate matters in accordance with Senti’s protocols and guidance
- Provide practical, solution-oriented legal support to Senti’s internal clients during contract preparation and negotiation
- Assist in implementing new contracts policies and procedures
- Train and educate Senti’s internal clients on the use of contract templates, relevant legal issues, and good contracting practices
- Assist in implementing and managing contract management tools/system and other technology adopted by the Legal department.
- Help ensure the contract repository is accurate and up to date
- Complete special projects as requested
- 5+ years of experience with drafting and negotiating contracts, preferably in life sciences
- JD preferred, but not required
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal department or clinical operations department in a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical and other relevant laws and regulations and ability to interpret and apply such laws and regulations and policies to inform business activities preferred
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate, as well as to work independently, balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using discretion and judgment
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities as needed
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, provide excellent customer service to our internal stakeholders and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must leverage critical thinking skills to be able to creatively solve most problems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with scientists, attorneys, contract negotiators, and leadership
- Working understanding of legal issues, including but not limited to, intellectual property, indemnity, and confidentiality issues
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, team player attitude, high work ethic and reliable
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.