Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti is seeking a Vice President, Business Development who will have responsibility for opportunity assessments, associated due diligence, term sheet development, relationship management, as well as search and evaluation for Senti’s pipeline. The VP, Business Development will be integral to the organization in driving the business development and the due diligence process with potential biopharma as well as other organizations with the goal of potentially executing collaboration and license agreements, setting up development collaborations, and acquiring key technologies.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the VP, Business Development will work closely as a "thought partner" with cross functional partners such as research, drug development, program management, clinical development, regulatory, technical operations, legal, finance, and commercial with the goal of evaluating, transacting, and managing alliances post-deal completion. This role may also lead/support other initiatives that support the corporate vision and goals.
- Create and maintain contacts and relationships related to external opportunities consistent with company strategy
- Identify, develop, and nurture scientific and business relationships within bio-pharmaceutical companies, academia, and internal stakeholders
- When necessary, attend scientific and medical conferences to stay abreast of new developments in key therapeutic areas
- Work with internal clinical development, commercial and financial experts on evaluation, due diligence, and technical assessments for inbound inquiries on Senti’s assets. This includes leading/supporting the overall product evaluation process, including clinical/scientific assessments, evaluation of the commercial opportunity, analysis of the competitive landscape, and financial modeling
- Participate/manage primary and secondary market research independently or in partnership with the commercial team, as part of evaluating new product development opportunities
- Conduct competitive landscape analysis on technologies and disease areas
- Manage internal data room needs, lead and manage cross-functional informational needs across pre-clinical, clinical, technical operations, regulatory, and program management
- In conjunction with the COO, CEO, CFO and CTO prioritize potential transactions and opportunities
- Participate in structuring term sheets, including detailed comparator deal analysis and working with finance to evaluate scenarios to align on proposed terms
- Develop agreements in collaboration with legal for licensing and acquisition transactions, imperative for BD lead to have comfort/interest to read all contracts
- Undergraduate, Masters degree or PhD in a related discipline, MBA is a plus.
- 12+ years directly related experience in a life sciences company required; commercial stage preferred.
- Must have experience in Business Development in small to mid sized Biotech companies.
- Oncology therapeutic experience preferred, ideally in competitive areas.
- Robust understanding of the full drug development process, life-cycle management, and commercialization of therapeutics.
- Strong emotional intelligence combined with scientific/technical acumen of the clinical development process.
- Excellent project management and influencing skills required to manage internal stakeholders (e.g. Research, Tech Ops, Clinical Development, Commercial, Finance, Legal/IP, etc.) as well as external alliances.
- Track record of owning, driving, and closing projects from inception to execution, to include valuation, diligence, deal engineering and leading negotiations.
- Strategic thinking with outstanding business instincts, can help chart the course and can translate plans into actionable, value-creating results for the company.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments; must be able to prioritize projects to manage both current transactions and discussions to support future transactions.
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that requires "win-win" collaboration at all levels.
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.