Valitor is a startup biotechnology company currently operating in West Berkeley. We are developing a new generation of biotechnology drugs that act precisely within a targeted disease tissue. With our platform technology, we have developed novel methods of modifying therapeutic proteins to achieve substantial control over their pharmacokinetics, target specificity and bioactivity. We are developing drug products to improve patient outcomes and reduce the clinical burden required for effective treatment of our target diseases, with our lead product to improve the treatment of diseases in ophthalmology. www.valitorbio.com
· Conducting laboratory procedures following defined laboratory technical protocols.
· Using basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., SDS-PAGE, ELISA, colorimetric assays)
· Using sterile technique for mammalian cell culture.
· Preparing cell and/or tissue samples for biochemical analysis.
· Preparing bacterial cultures for protein expression and purification.
· Maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks.
· Basic bookkeeping and inventory management
· Compliance with company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices
· Prior experience in a biological or chemical laboratory
· Ability to conduct research with careful attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with scientists across multiple disciplines
· A dependable, self-starter capable of working independently within a small team
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.