Hi, we’re Second Genome.
We are a fast-paced and innovative venture-backed biotechnology company developing tomorrow’s breakthrough therapeutics at the interface of complex microbial communities and their host environments.
We’re looking for a Scientist in Bioanalytical Chemistry.
You will be joining the Protein Science team with a strong presence and impact in all of our ongoing projects. We are looking for an individual who is excited about leading our analytical method development projects for novel drug candidates. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally between our discovery scientists and informatics team to turn microbial genetics into medicine.
How You’ll Impact the Company:
- You will independently develop HPLC and mass spectrometry methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and to analyze PK properties.
- You will develop and optimize bioanalytical methods for proteins and peptides to advance CMC development objectives.
- Collaborate with in vivo and in vitro scientists for pharmacokinetics (PK) development and validation.
- You will serve as an analytical development subject matter expert and will be responsible for training associates and scientists when necessary.
- You will identify critical PK-related issues and perform troubleshooting.
- You will transfer methods and provide technical support to CROs and CMOs.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and protocols, contribute to regulatory filings
What You Bring to the Role:
- You have a Ph.D. in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a relevant field. Postdoctoral training is highly desirable.
- You must have a solid understanding of protein chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacokinetics and/or bioanalytical principles, particularly as related to biotherapeutic protein drug development.
- You must have hands-on experience in HPLC and mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides.
- You must have strong troubleshooting skills in relation to HPLC and LC-MS/MS based bioanalytical challenges.
- Hands-on experience in nanoLC-MS/MS is highly desirable. Working experience with Thermo Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid Mass Spectrometers would be an advantage.
- You have excellent critical thinking and scientific skills, and a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate complex results.
- You have collaborative, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Second Genome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Second Genome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.