Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
A key member of the Senior Executive Leadership team, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), reporting to the CEO, will lead the clinical vision for the company. The CMO will provide clinical direction, regulatory strategy, product development, and a strategic roadmap driving Senti Biosciences’ innovative therapeutics from IND to approval. This physician executive will preside over the build-out and provide overall strategic direction and associated successful execution for the associated functions supporting clinical development, in lock-step with the broader executive team.
The successful incumbent will be highly collaborative and will have the ability to properly assess and successfully navigate the entry into the clinic and the clinical, regulatory and competitive landscape to deliver meaningful, high-quality results in the eyes of investors, partners, regulators, clinicians, etc. S/he will actively participate in strategic planning activities, partnering discussions and will lead the development of clinical strategies with partners and collaborators. Additionally, this individual will have the credibility and communication skills to serve as the medical “face and voice” of the company. The ideal candidate will possess experience working in a dynamic, hands-on, fast paced environment where cross functional collaboration is critical for success.
- Partner with the CEO, Chief Medical Advisor, and broader executive team to set goals for performance and growth, frame strategic trade-offs, and facilitate decision-making; support alignment across the C-suite and with the Board of Directors.
- Drive pipeline prioritization, clinical program strategy development and execution, including oversight of Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Biostatistics, Pharmacovigilance, and as the pipeline advances, Medical Affairs; facilitate interactions with KOLS.
- Collaborate closely with Research and Manufacturing functions to support successful R&D execution, including internal and external capability development, associated project and budget planning and risk management.
- Provide Medical input to drug discovery and development activities, and business/market analysis for program prioritization, drug target product profiles, and assessment of business development activity.
- Contribute to design, implementation, and continuous improvement of business strategies, plans and procedures. Support company performance evaluation through analysis of data and metrics.
- Assist in fundraising, Board interactions, etc.
- Participate in business development and expansion activities, including investments, acquisitions, alliances, JV’s, etc.
- Manage effective relationships with members of SABs, CABs, regulatory agencies, partners, vendors, KOLs, etc.
- Track record of successful Clinical Development leadership and strategy experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical therapeutics organization.
- US Board Certified MD preferred.
- Success leading the clinical vision and the design and execution of effective clinical development and regulatory strategies in oncology, with cell therapy drug development, preferred; experience driving biologic programs into the clinic and successful early development.
- Track record of creating and managing effective internal and external relationships, such as with members of SABs, CABs, regulatory agencies, partners, service providers, KOLs, etc.
- Experienced and effective people and operational leader; success building infrastructure and recruiting, developing, retaining, and motivating a high-performance team through critical biotech inflection points, empowering a team and emphasizing combining talents to enable success.
- Executive level communication skills and effective external interactions beyond the Medical community, e.g., investors, partners, regulators.
- Effective cross-functional leadership; this is an organization that highly values collaboration.
- Strong project leadership and resource management skills.
- Embodiment of Senti’s core values:
- Be Bold - We must never become complacent or afraid to be different.
- Better Together - All our voices must be heard so we can outsmart these complex diseases.
- Build to Last - We are here to try and make a lasting impact for countless lives and for generations to come.
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.