CellFE is a venture-backed company with a mission to make advanced therapies accessible to all by transforming the way gene therapies are manufactured. The company uses a microfluidics-based cell engineering platform that can be adapted universally to enable low-cost, high-yield manufacturing of gene therapies at scale. Our values guide our work: There is a way, Pull together, and Hard work.
CellFE develops and utilizes proprietary microfluidic cell transfection technology for intracellular delivery diverse payloads to address the needs of contract manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies that specialize in ex-vivo cell therapy.
The Lead Scientist/Director of R&D is responsible for leading the research efforts towards the assay and application development in use for CellFE technology.
The successful leader will build and oversee a team of scientists, researchers and will work in close collaboration with the product engineering team developing the products and its applications.
This position is based in Alameda, CA and reports to the CSO.
- Cell and Gene engineering
- Non-viral gene editing
- IVD assay development
- Customize process/application development
- Experience in managing teams
- Cellular and molecular biophysics
- Membrane transport
- Nuclear transport
- DNA transfection
- DNA integration
- DNA, RNA stability
- Work closely with CSO and CTO to advance fundamental understanding of the technology with application to current and future products
- Create models of cell responses to conceptualize experimental data
- Manage research program, including resource allocation, schedules, and budgets
- Develop IP and patent portfolio
- Attract external grant funding
- Identify, develop, and train science/research team
- Hold team accountable for quality and completeness of project execution
- Maintain clear, cooperative and positive communication
- PhD in cell & gene engineering or equivalent
- 5+ year experience directly managing multidisciplinary research team
- Successful track record of establishing high caliber research program as evident by scientific publications, funded grant proposals, patents
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding organization
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary teams with a clear vision and plan
- Ability to motivate a team to work effectively under a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts to a wide audience
- Passionate about CellFE's vision, mission, values
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal)
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
CellFE is an equal opportunity employer