Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
The Director of Strategic Finance is a key role that supports fundraising initiatives, corporate finance, business development analytics, and strategic financial decisions around the direction of the business. This role works closely with senior leadership, as well as investors and key external stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will also support investor relations and the various financial scenario analyses that can arise in a rapidly growing and scaling organization.
The role will require versatile financial skills and acumen, world-class business data analyzing capabilities, and the ability to tell a story through that data. The right candidate must possess the ability to perform related high-level strategic tasks and the attention to detail necessary to operate at a very granular level - such as understanding all the potential inputs and outputs in a specific analysis.
- Lead internal financial analyses and scenarios for various fundraising activities; provide input on pros and cons of each scenario
- Support business development activities by building out financial analyses and making recommendations for deal structuring and negotiations
- Work closely with C-Suite and senior leadership on ongoing basis to evolve overall strategy and evaluate risks and strategic scenarios, providing knowledge of financials drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs and opportunities
- Build and manage our investor facing financial model that is used as a basis for our long-term planning and investor communications
- Preparation of BOD meeting materials
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support business decision-making working closely with FP&A and Business Development as a technical advisor, partner, and resource
- Build analytical frameworks, forecasts, and dashboards, along with tools, processes, and communication touch-points, to support transparency and smart and quick decision-making across teams and within the finance team as well
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships across the company
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant field
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, or a rapidly growing startup biotech environment in a similar role
- Biotech experience is required; experience in the cell therapy space is preferred
- Superior financial modeling as well as PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of capital markets - both public and private
- Deep understanding of finance and financial business drivers in biotech
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, a highly analytical and inquisitive work style coupled with a keen attention to detail -- while retaining the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop a shared understanding of the direction of the business across it most critical metrics
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Salary and Benefits:
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.