ORIC is a research-driven company dedicated to discovering and developing novel therapies that can Overcome Resistance In Cancer. Our collaborative, empowering culture gives scientists the authority, responsibility, and support to do cutting-edge work on therapies for treatment-resistant cancers. Our culture and values support our mission, provide a shared understanding of how we work together as a company and provide a clear sense of what is most important for us as an organization.
We are searching for a Manager, Purchasing to join our growing team. This highly motivated individual will report to the Senior Director, Accounting. The incumbent will be an active player/coach who is involved in both the leadership and daily operations of each area required to achieve operational goals and objectives, while maintaining the necessary compliance with government regulations and corporate policies.
- Conduct the Procurement function’s technology assessment and utilize technology to enhance efficiency and improve function performance
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable department on improvements to overall procure-to-pay process
- Source, manage, and maintain preferred vendors and/or new vendors for laboratory and facilities departments. Negotiate lower pricing
- Manage supplier relations and negotiate contracts, prices, payment terms, etc.
- Contact vendors to obtain quotes and lead times, and request supporting documentation
- Work closely with laboratory and facility suppliers. Build and maintain relationships
- Set up new vendors records in requisition system and obtain necessary information (W-9,W-8BEN, banking information, etc.)
- Process purchase requisitions, create related purchase orders and communicate to vendors and/or requestors
- Work closely with receiving department and track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Use continuous improvement to drive increased quality, efficiency, and cost savings
- Monitor open purchase orders report, communicate status with requestors, vendors, and Finance and Accounting departments
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies including returns and credits
- Analyze supplier spend data, implement cost savings initiatives, or rebate programs with vendors
- Manage updates to PO requisitioners
- New employee training on requisition system and process, ongoing training for employees as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ relevant experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred
- Experience with Procurement systems such as Point Purchasing, Coupa or comparable systems. Experience with an ERP system (preferably NetSuite)
- Strong Project Management experience
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Outlook, & online purchasing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
ORIC Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. ORIC does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.