Notable Labs is seeking a hands-on, highly motivated and talented Associate Scientist to join our R&D group. You will have the opportunity to lead internal R&D projects and external partnerships with biotech and clinical institutions. As part of a dynamic team, you'll work alongside engineers, bioinformaticists, and product development scientists to build Notable's platform and advance personalized precision oncology for cancer patients.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, design and execute research projects using Notable’s flow cytometry-based ex vivo high-throughput (HTP) screening platform to identify novel drug combinations and biomarkers for precision cancer therapy in hematological malignancies.
- Optimize assay conditions to support in-house, industry, and academic partnerships.
- Develop cell-based assays to support internal drug discovery efforts and collaborations with industry and academic partners.
- Process primary patient samples (blood and bone marrow).
- Analyze complex data sets and communicate key results to a broad audience.
- Work closely with automation to optimize screening operations to maximize throughput and maintain quality.
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and report to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution.
- Identify and implement process improvements for lab operations.
- Serve as a technical resource or subject matter expert on flow cytometry experimental methods and techniques, and be able to train and assist other members on the team.
Must Haves (minimal requirements):
- BS/MS in a biomedical discipline with 2 years (with MS) or 4 years (with BS) of academic or industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assays.
- Excellent aseptic and cell culture techniques.
- Trained on safe handling of BSL-2 material such as human blood.
- Experience in multiparameter flow cytometry including design, execution and analysis.
- Self-motivated; ability to prioritize tasks; patience
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is agile, self-motivated, organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative, pays attention to detail, has strong time management skills, and is disciplined in documentation.
- Team player who is independent, resourceful and creative.
- Embraces challenges and is able to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Skills that are a PLUS:
- Experience in culturing T cells and familiarity with T cell-based bioassays.
- Prior experience with liquid handling instruments and familiarity with lab automation equipment.
- Proficiency in utilizing scientific software for data analysis such as FlowJo.
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time.
- Engage with experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and more.
- Be part of a dynamic team dedicated to personal growth and career development.
- Highly competitive early-stage company compensation package.
- Outstanding healthcare benefits.
- Incredible growth opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- … did we mention daily catered lunch?