Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing and well-funded clinical stage San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking an Associate Director to play an integral role in developing and implementing a variety of assays needed to advance biotherapeutic programs into the clinic, as well as to analyze clinical samples. This role will lead efforts to develop bioanalytical assays for our programs, oversee the training and work of junior staff, coordinate efforts with CROs, and be a core member of program teams.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Lead and provide expertise to Pionyr’s bioanalytical development group to develop and implement standard bioanalytical assays including PK, ADA and Nab assays as well as other soluble biomarker assays, including cytokine, soluble receptor and other molecule specific assays.
- Oversee transfer of these assays to CROs for qualification/ validation, release and stability testing in a GXP environment and act as the main point of contact with the CROs for clinical sample testing
- Work closely with Clinical Development/Clinical Operations and Clinical Pharmacology teams to ensure samples are tested, analyzed, and reported in a timely manner
- Analyze soluble biomarker data and present pharmacokinetic and soluble biomarker data at team, staff and company meetings. Experience with WinNonlin is an advantage, as well as the ability to perform basic PK analyses.
- Oversee development of in vitro and ex-vivo cell-based potency assays
- Work with other scientists to develop and implement novel soluble pharmacodynamic bioassays
- Author and/or review SOPs, technical reports, and study reports
- Present scientific results at team, staff, company, and external meetings
- PhD degree in a relevant life science discipline with at least 8 years of relevant experience in an industrial pharmaceutical/biotechnology lab setting
- In depth experience in ligand binding assay development, and performance assessment (e.g., using ELISA, MSD, AlphaLISA, and TR-FRET techniques)
- In depth experience with functional cell-based assay development (e.g., ADCC/ADCP, CDC, and cytokine release assays)
- Demonstrated experience working in a GxP environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated success in leading and working in a cross-functional team environment, effectively lead projects and drive them to conclusion
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent creativity, technical decision-making, and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated record of published work and of presentation at conferences
- Proven ability to provide leadership to technical level staff
- Effective record keeping and presentation skills are required as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills; interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency and functions as a strong team leader effectively working with other disciplines.
- Adaptability, flexibility, independence and resourcefulness to roll-up-sleeves and multi-task in order to thrive in a small company environment.
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.