Scientist, Analytical Development (Bioassays) at Senti Biosciences
South San Francisco, CA, US
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with a strong background in developing cell-based potency assays for our cell and gene therapy products. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Senti’s proprietary immunotherapeutic cell engineering platforms focused on genetically modified cellular therapies. You will lead the development of bioassays for potency and product characterization, including collaboration with the Research teams, assay development in TechOps, and transfer to QC for manufacturing. Senti is looking for someone with a broad range of cell-based functional assays experience to support pre-clinical development through clinical manufacturing. You will be collaborating with Research, during pre-clinical development, to transfer/establish appropriate functional assays related to product mode of action. These assays will be further refined in TechOps, for process development, CMC activities, and regulatory filings. This role will also be responsible for determining and developing appropriate potency assays for transfer to clinical manufacturing, which includes optimization, establishing standards and controls, assay qualification, and transfer into QC.
- Lead the development of cell-based functional assays for potency and characterization
- Collaborate with Research to develop functional assays for characterization
- Determine appropriate methods for potency determination
- Establish appropriate assay controls and standards
- Design assay qualification/validation strategies
- Work with QC on training, qualifications, and transfers
- Support QC with troubleshooting and investigations
- Degree in Cell Biology or related life science field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Analytical Development, with at least 5 years in Bioassay development
- Experience with Cell and Gene therapies or Biologics
- Experience with cell-based cytotoxicity assays is required, experience with additional functional assays (proliferation, cell signaling) is a plus
- Experience developing potency assays for QC release, including establishing controls/standards and qualifying assays.
- Experience with writing SOPs, training, and method transfers
- Experience supporting Regulatory filings and writing INDs is a plus
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.