The Director, Human Resources serves as a trusted and strategic business partner to leaders at all levels of the organization. This role will be accountable for the design, execution and delivery of HR programs and processes.
- Serves as a business partner to people leaders on staffing, employee training, performance management, workforce planning and succession planning
- Leverage’s business and HR acumen to promote and develop people strategies that drive business performance
- Identifies opportunities and solutions to emerging issues in the organization and promote a positive workplace climate
- Designs and delivers scalable HR programs and initiatives in the areas of performance management, recognition, career development, organizational design, succession planning, talent development, and employee engagement in partnership with key internal crossfunctional stakeholders
- Serves as a trusted advisor, and sounding board for Surrozen’s employees and people managers
- Leads the year-end performance management process including facilitating performance development discussions, compensation support, promotions, and the annual compensation year-end process
- Develop, synthesizes, and disseminates quarterly HR metrics
- Serve as a resource to employees when needed to assure that employee perspectives are heard and considered
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience
- Fully experienced in multiple human resources disciplines including organizational diagnosis, performance management, and employment laws
- Ability to act in alignment with Surrozen’s core values: Pioneering for patients, Perform at full potential, Learn and teach others, and Enable shared success
- Forward thinking, and strong capability in diagnosing problems and predicting outcomes
- Proven successful track record and knowledge in organizational and employee development, performance management, employee relations, and change management
- Extensive capacity to influence business leaders; organizational agility and savvy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Biopharma experience preferred
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry
- State-of-the-art research facility and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove: http://leasing.covessf.com/toc.cfm)
Who We Are:
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Our vision is to engage the body’s own biological tissue repair mechanisms with our targeted regenerative antibodies, overcoming research and development hurdles that have been previously intractable, and have held back drug development efforts in the promising area of Wnt biology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.