Miroculus is looking for a recruiter with a strong familiarity with and interest in the biotech industry. This is our first in-house recruiting role, and will help us with the exciting project of building out our recruiting function as we support the growth of our company to the commercial phase. This position can be based in our SF headquarters or be fully remote, and will report to our Head of People & Culture.
- Build out talent acquisition processes within a startup environment that is looking to scale efficiently while maintaining our cultural values of solidarity, humility, and commitment.
- Build effective working relationships with hiring managers and the leadership team to understand the needs for the talent acquisition function as we scale.
- Design a positive candidate life cycle with timely follow-ups and an organized, communicative approach.
- Collect, analyze, and present data to maintain organizational understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, talent availability and trends.
- Partner with hiring managers on the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for selected positions.
- Own our ATS and continuously provide feedback on how to improve the system for internal users as well as candidates and applicants.
- Connect with and source potential candidates for vacant positions.
- Screen candidates, select qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and connect viable candidates with clients or hiring managers.
- Counsel candidates on the interview and hiring process, providing them with a positive candidate experience reflective of Miroculus company values. .
- Organize and attend job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities as needed.
- Conduct debriefs with the hiring team after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collect feedback on both the process and candidates in order to iterate for the future.
- Coordinate the logistics of the hiring process (scheduling, calendaring, booking rooms, etc.).
- Maintain, ensure compliance with, and educate hiring managers applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Check candidates references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds as needed.
- Lead partnerships with external recruiting agencies as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude in conducting interviews (clarity of communication, making candidates feel comfortable, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail when scheduling or coordinating logistics.
- Thorough understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws and guidelines.
- Proficient in working with tech platforms related to the role: G-Suite, various ATS and/or HRIS platforms, etc.
- Ability to bring our company values of solidarity, commitment, and humility to building out a positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Previous experience in the biotech industry.
- Previous in-house recruiting experience.
- San Francisco, CA or fully remote
We offer a rich package of benefits including:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- FSA, HSA, and 401(k) plans
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Thrice weekly lunches on-site
- Flexible vacation policy and a generous suite of paid holidays including a week off at the end of the year
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, genome editing, and combinatorial chemistry in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere. We are a tight-knit team who strives to work together according to our company values of humility, commitment, and solidarity.
Commitment to Diversity
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.