Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? Mission Bio’s Tapestri Precision Genomics Platform was #2 on the TheScientist’s 2018 Top 10 Innovations list. And single-cell sequencing, which we focus on, was voted Nature Methods Method of the Year 2019. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Perform research to distill customer and market needs into clear and specific product requirements for product development.
- Support business development activities including but not limited to supporting customer collaborations and technology evaluation with external parties to meet strategic objectives
- Help establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful early adoption of new products.
- Assist in training field organization with deep technical understanding of the technology, product features, and applications.
- Develop business cases for new products or applications areas in support of product roadmap and system capabilities.
- Partner with marketing and commercial teams to develop and implement positioning and messaging
- Support product sustaining activities for on-market products
- Customer-centric in rationale for prioritization of key activities to drive platform adoption
- Excellent team player capable of working well with many stakeholder groups in a fast-paced environment
- Independent and driven self-starter, who is able to operate with a high degree of autonomy while delivering excellent results
- Clear communicator with strong presentation and project management skills
- Naturally curious, always looking for ways to learn more and locate areas of opportunity
- Prefer experience in customer facing role or product management or similar position
- Background in life sciences, genomics, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries. Experience with Next Generation Sequencing or single-cell analysis products is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics genomics, and/or cancer biology.
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to distill complex scientific concepts into simplified language for a diverse audience
- Technical skills to enable data exploration and guidance of development team about nuances of molecular data and translation of customer requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to collaboratively and effectively work within a team
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Covers Medical/Dental/Vision 100% for employees and 80% for all others
- Unlimited PTO
- 1 years’ salary for Death benefits. Employees can purchase more, premium taken out of EE's check.
- Lunch program on Thursday
- FSA program
- Flexible schedule of working remote and onsite