ABOUT NIRMIDAS BIOTECH, INC
Nirmidas Biotech, Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company in Palo Alto building innovative technologies based on infra-red and near infra-red fluorescence and novel nanomaterials. We combine chemistry and nanomaterials, biology, bio-engineering, and optical imaging to research and development. We commercialize applications for diagnostics and imaging in early disease diagnosis, prognosis monitoring, population screening, and therapeutics. Our products include signal enhancing plasmonic pGOLDTM microarray slides, highly sensitive multiplexed assay system OptiMidasTM and assay kits for infectious, chronic diseases as well as health monitoring. We have launched pioneering NIR-II nanomaterials and instrument for high resolution deep tissue in vivo imaging. Our products include both clinical applications and research use applications. Our diagnostics product pipelines focus on point-of-care testing products.
Nirmidas registered products with FDA, obtained FDA EUA authorization for its COVID-19 antibody detection kit. Its product has been distributed over a dozen states in the US and multiple foreign countries. Nirmidas has contract manufacturing in the US, France, and China.
Please visit our website: www.nirmidas.com
Nirmidas Biotech Inc. is looking for a highly motivated bioassay scientist for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) product development. The focused development area is to develop highly sensitive diagnostic assays for antibody or antigen detection being used in point-of-care testing. Qualified applicants should have the strong desire and flexibility to work in a fast-paced and productive environment. The bioassay scientist and research associate are to participate in bio-assay development, and/or development of platforms and instruments in support of our current and future products in diagnostics and imaging. A strong background and industrial experience in Immunoassays and In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) product development are desired. The scientist role has certain leadership responsibilities in the projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design & Develop biological/Immuno assays for diagnostic applications
· Identify, design and execute new ideas leading to novel diagnostic assays with existing Nirmidas and new product platforms
· Lead and contribute to a multi-disciplinarily project team through the entire cycle of product development (from feasibility to launch)
· Design and perform laboratory experiments, compile and analyze data; prepare reports and presentations.
· Participate in product improvement and support manufacturing, as required.
· Participate in the development of automated assay platform
· Guide and work closely with a diverse team of research scientists, research associates, technical and regulatory consultants as needed.
· Manage Project with consideration of schedule, cost, reliability, simplicity, manufacturing methods and effectiveness.
· Communciate with internal and external individuals; attend meetings as necessary.
· Assist in marketing Nirmidas’ innovative new products development and launching
· Produce rigorous lab documents and maintain a well-organized laboratory notebook
· Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry or biology fields combined with at least 3 years of relevant experience in developing biological assays
· Experience in IVD assay development and product development experiences is highly preferred.
· Extensive hands-on experiences and in-depth knowledge in Immuno assays and antibody and protein modification and handling.
· Practical experience with lateral flow-, microfluidic-based and other point of care testing diagnostic devices is a plus.
· Creativity, flexibility analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Knowledge of national and international standards and regulations for IVD industry is a plus (Knowledge with ISO13485 Quality System and FDA 21 CRF 820 QSR compliance is strongly favored)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency and experience in writing government research grants
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION
· Full time position in Palo Alto
· Compensation includes
- salary (competitive with the industry standard and commensurate with qualifications)
- medical insurance
- paid time off (PTO)
- sick leave