Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Reporting to the CFO, this highly visible role will be instrumental in developing best-in-class processes and building robust budgeting, forecasting and analytics to support a scaling business. This role will be a dedicated member of the finance team but will need to lead business partnering with other teams, including R&D and Technical Operations/Manufacturing. The ideal candidate will bring a capital markets lens to FP&A, with experience with both a rapidly scaling operational company and investment banking or equity research. You should also be able to take on related special projects that typically arise from a scaling biotech company like Senti, such as valuation and competitive market analysis, as well as assessment of potential financing transactions. We are looking for a flexible leader who is capable of doing things outside of the direct line of ongoing operations forecasting. You will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, strategic thinking skills, and proactive teamwork to ensure we are operating in the most optimal way to support Senti’s business needs and objectives.
- Strategic business partner with the ability to work collaboratively with business leaders in R&D, Manufacturing, and across the organization to accurately frame, assess and integrate strategic and tactical initiatives and growth plans into operating budgets and forecasts;
- Support/enhance processes and structure for budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Drive timely and accurate reporting to monitor progress against plans and adjust the plans as new data becomes available.
- Prepare regular financial analysis reports, present findings to senior leadership team and develop materials for Board Meetings
- Update the leadership team and cross functional partners on the status of their financials and budgets.
- Lead the effort to model and forecast our preclinical portfolio through IND, clinical stages, and potential commercialization including competitive market analysis
- Special projects could include: valuation analysis, creation of financial models to support corporate projects, business development transactions, and company financing activities, or other ad hoc financial analysis
- Build, Coach and Develop Senti's future FP&A team
- 8+ years of a combination of public and/or private operational experience and investment banking/equity research experience
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA is preferred
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma is required
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP (SAP) systems is preferred
- Mastery level Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills are required
- Strong at execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.