Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our R&D team in developing innovative chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) NK cell therapies for treating cancer patients in need. A successful applicant will be comfortable performing high-risk/high-impact research, work collaboratively across various projects to meet milestones, and help maintain a positive and productive work culture as the company continues to grow.
- Collaborate closely within and between R&D teams to efficiently perform experiments.
- Design and perform in vitro studies to evaluate the efficacy of next generation logic-gated CAR immune cell therapies against cancer.
- Perform flow cytometry-based cytotoxicity and ELISA-based cytokine assays on a regular basis.
- Cell engineering techniques: cell culture, banking of cryopreserved cells, virus production, transduction of immune cells, cell sorting and multi-color flow cytometry. Previous experience engineering immune cells to express CARs is a plus.
- Learn and optimize SOPs to ensure study integrity and quality. Strong attention to details.
- Maintain accurate experiment records in various internal databases and perform basic data analyses.
- Analyze and present data in team and project meetings.
- Think critically, troubleshoot and execute independently, as well as train other research staff as needed.
- Willingness to take on other duties to support the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related discipline with 4+ years of experience or master’s degree with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting. Industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn and independently perform SOPs commonly employed by the team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared projects.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with other research teams.
- Demonstrated experience with Graphpad Prism, FlowJo and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or applicable experience).
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package and title commensurate with qualifications and experience in the South San Francisco Biotech market.
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands.
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.