NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in patients with liver fibrosis stage 4 (F4) and compensated cirrhosis due to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and the drug candidate NGM120 is in a Phase 1/2 study for the treatment of advanced solid tumors and pancreatic cancer. NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is excited to hire an organized and highly motivated Research Associate II to join our team, focused on supporting our immune oncology research and development efforts.This role is designed for someone with at least 3 years of lab experience (in industry or academic research) working with in vivo disease models, looking to apply their experience directly toward the development of cancer therapeutics.
- Work as part of a project team to design and execute in-vivo immune oncology experiments
- Analyze and interpret experimental data using Graph Pad Prism, Excel, MS office, and Flow Jo
- Present work at project team meetings and to R&D leadership
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory records in an Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN)
- Troubleshoot experiments and identify alternative strategies
- Proficiency with in vivo techniques, specifically dosing (sc, iv, ip.), implantation and organ harvesting/processing.
- Proficiency in cell culture, microscopy, and live cell imaging
- Experience performing RT-PCR/quantitative PCR, ELISA, Luminex assays, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, western blotting
- Experience performing immunology-related biological assays, immunohistochemical/fluorescent staining, flow cytometry and analysis is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science with at least 3 years of hands-on laboratory work experience; experience in cancer immunology is desirable but not required
- Deeply passionate about biology, scientific discovery, and drug development
- Strong self-motivation and work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.