Circle Pharma is a pre-clinical stage, life sciences company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics, with an initial focus in oncology. Our discovery platform allows us to address challenging therapeutic targets such as intracellular protein-protein interactions.
Our structure-based drug discovery platform encompasses target affinity, cell permeability, medicinal chemistry and macrocycle synthesis, tightly integrated with biochemistry and cellular biology. We have recently closed a $66M Series C round of funding, with investments from premier life science investors, The Column Group and Nextech Invest, and we are looking to expand our team. We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website, www.circlepharma.com
We are looking to add a Research Associate to our growing Biology team. Reporting to our Cell Biology Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for executing a wide variety of cell biology assays to help support our drug discovery process. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with a passion for scientific research. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to join a small biology team at a company with world-class scientific advisors and robust financial backing from top-tier investors.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain mammalian tissue culture cell lines
- Perform cell experiments and analyze results by a variety of techniques, including proliferation and apoptosis assays, gene manipulation (shRNA/CRISPR), exogenous gene expression, Western blot, ELISA, fluorescence microscopy, and flow cytometry
- Learn and develop new techniques as needed to address questions that arise from the research efforts of the Biology team
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of laboratory activities
- Operate and oversee maintenance of selected lab equipment with no supervision
- Complete a set of tasks and proactively plan and organize workflows
- Prepare and present data, address questions, and engage in discussions of data interpretation and experimental design
- BS or MS in cell/molecular biology or a related life science discipline, required
- 2+ years relevant research experience, required
- Knowledge of sterile tissue culture techniques and experience with mammalian cell culture, required
- Experience with multiple cancer cell lines, ideal
- Experience with a variety of cell and molecular biology techniques, including SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, ELISAs, gene targeting (shRNA/CRISPR) and overexpression, ideal
- Cell-based high throughput assay and automated liquid handler experience is a plus
- Flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy and RT-qPCR experience is desirable
- Knowledge of cancer biology and cell cycle assays is a plus
- Adept at following written protocols and verbal instructions
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Great organization, team player and a problem-solver
- Ability to multi-task while working within fast-paced timelines
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off, in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Currently we have modified work arrangements, including both on-site and remote working. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. New employees who do not start on site in our laboratory facilities are provided with IT supplies to work remotely and will be on-boarded virtually whenever possible. We recognize that these are difficult times, and are we doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.