Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases (diabetes, obesity, NAFLD), cancer, and inflammation. With multiple discovery programs advancing toward candidate selection, Carmot is seeking a dedicated and experienced accountant/staff accountant with experience in the biotech field.
- Help and support on accounting and financial reporting including timely and complete financial statements, accruals process, month end close and reports, including for an overseas subsidiary
- Support Procurement to Payables (clinical and manufacturing focus) process including vendor communications and accurate invoice billing based on purchase orders.
- Record invoices to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure proper GL coding and project specific coding of invoices and expenses with proper documentation and approval.
- Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Maintenance and review of vendor information, including banking, ACH, Form W-9’s, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance.
- This role reports to the Corporate Controller.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Finance / Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of application and practice of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Team player and has ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented and excellent organization and analytical skills
- Ability to be proactive and identify accounting issues and identify areas for improvement (i.e. missing information, inconsistencies with contracts etc.)
- Understand Financial Accruals for Clinical Trials
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with automated accounting systems and their application to accounting functions.
- Experience with NetSuite a significant plus
- Experience accounting related to subsidiaries a plus
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located at our Berkeley site. To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to email@example.com and include “Accountant” in the subject line . Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.