Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in San Carlos, CA. We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented Associate Scientist/Scientist who is able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision to generate high-quality data in a fast-paced environment. In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills in flow cytometry and immunology to sort various B and T cells into microplates, process patient samples from which our drug discovery pipeline originates and develop methods/assays supporting Atreca’s discovery programs. The candidate’s past experience with high-throughput cell sorting and immune cell biology will help us implement our novel technology and discover key drivers of effective immune responses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Immune cell sorting into microplates for single cell sequencing
- Analysis of data and preparation of reports/summary
- Troubleshooting and devising alternative strategies when necessary
- Providing training and direction to Research Associates as needed
- Performing experiments for immune- and cell biology-based assay/method development
- Process patient samples reliably and consistency
- Following laboratory safety guidelines and practices
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in biology, immunology, cell biology or related discipline
- MS with 3+ years or PhD with 0+ years of relevant research experience. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience with flow cytometry is required
- Experience with cell cultures and cell-based assays is required.
- Experience with Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) a highly plus
- Experience in BSL 2 environments a plus
- Conscientious and excellent bench skills
- Excellent critical thinking, technical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and recordkeeping skills
- Proven ability to independently design and execute experiments of moderate complexity
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and report conclusions accurately and in a timely manner
- Self-motivated; possess a strong sense of urgency to drive a project to completion and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Candidate must be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.