Bolt Threads is a material solutions company. Taking nature as our inspiration, we invent and scale cutting-edge materials that put us on a path towards a more sustainable future – and that starts now.
We’re Looking For...
A Facilities Specialist who is a self-starter, adaptable to a wide range of work and one who can take tasks and projects from inception to completion. This person will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer service orientation, and attention to detail. Someone with a willingness to run toward problems and take them head-on. Someone who understands that no job is too small to add value and improve efficiencies across a wide range of facilities processes. Someone that will conduct their work with a special attention to reinforcing our company safety culture. Candidates must be able to work a schedule sometime between the hours of 10am and 8pm.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Meet with primary stakeholders to develop strong working relationship and communication channels.
- Learn the safety protocols for working at the various sites.
- Learn about the different pieces of equipment that you will be responsible for maintaining.
- Implement maintenance and reliability plan for Manufacturing equipment including: PM scheduling, basic maintenance, parts inventory, and develop metrics for tracking the system while ensuring minimal downtime.
- Learn how to use equipment maintenance system Qooling, and related software.
- Learn and take over the current receiving process for large chemical and material shipments.
- Complete forklift licensing and training.
- Oversee day-to-day general warehouse operations which will include forklifting, cross-functional organization with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Purchasing.
In the first 60 days you will…
- Take over the recurring regulatory tasks in Qooling.
- Take on the vendor relationships and maintenance schedule of building equipment such as the Generator, Compressor, DI Water, Humidifier, HVAC
- Coordinate vendors to complete any needed electrical and plumbing projects or repairs
- Take control of the company van and complete maintenance checks on it.
- Own warehouse organization and maintenance to include shipping and receiving.
- Audit facilities and identify areas of concern or for improvement.
In the first 90 days will...
- Oversee all seismic bracing requests and audit new equipment for bracing installation
- Create a plan to resolve all areas of concern from site audit and implement maintenance plan for upkeep
- Learn how to use and oversee the security system Turing
- Complete cross-training for main Workplace Operations processes such as hazardous materials shipments, chemical handling and inventory
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Technical school, Associate Degree (engineering/science/lab operations), Mechanical Trade or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in either facilities or lab operations
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot repairs
- Proficiency with common hand tools
- A strong safety-conscious mindset
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Have a valid and current driver’s license
- Must be able to be “on call” to respond to emergency response calls and facilities issues
- Experience with plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems is a plus
- Experience in conducting basic repairs is a plus
- Experience driving a forklift a plus
About Bolt Threads
We are a team that is dedicated to bringing sustainability to the materials that touch our lives. Our team is creative, inclusive, and multidisciplinary. We embrace curious minds that are resilient and can adapt in a rapidly evolving environment.
We provide each person with opportunities to learn and develop essential skills they will use throughout their careers. Each person can make an impact and add their unique footprint to the company’s journey.
We’re working on something big - innovating way better materials for a way better world is not easy to do. It is our collaborative and iterative approach to how we work that enables us to take on some pretty big challenges.
We don’t mind the hard work, in fact, we expect it to be, keeping it in balance with a supportive community and shared laughter along the way.
Our Story & Leadership Team
Latest Headlines and Media Mentions