Bolt Threads is a material solutions company. Taking nature as our inspiration, we invent and scale cutting-edge materials that put us on a path towards a more sustainable future – and that starts now.
We’re Looking For...
A Social Media Manager who is curious, collaborative, and a very strong writer. The ideal candidate is comfortable identifying interesting stories and creating content to best tell that story through creative and copy on social. This person will oversee all social channels; responsibilities include strategic planning and calendar development, post caption creation, partnering with the creative team on visual deliverables, posting, community management, and ongoing measurement and optimization.
To be successful, this person must be social-first, a strong and concise writer, able to develop company-wide relationships, embody Bolt values, and proactively look for ways to build an engaged community.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Partner with the Marketing team to understand the creative process and workflow. Jump in, ask questions, and start participating in the social media workflow.
- Start to understand Bolt’s science, sustainability methodology, technology, IP, products, and product development process (and/or who to ask!)
- Develop an understanding of the Bolt Threads and Mylo voices. What makes them different and how to communicate effectively in each one.
- Take on daily management of the Bolt Threads and Mylo social channels including monthly planning, daily posting and community management
In the first 60 days you will…
- Lead a quarterly review and planning process for social media
- Review and optimize community management answers and guidelines to deliver customer-first service
- Build relationships across the organization, including at the executive level
- Monitor all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter) for Bolt, executives, and beyond; closely monitoring for comments, DMs, and mentions and conversations of interest within our industry
- Be on top of all the latest updates to each platform and current social media trends to start providing recommendations
- Ideate and partner with outside agencies and influencers to generate social content for evergreen and campaign level social posts.
In the first 90 days will...
- Create channel development strategies to grow accounts and develop meaningful connections with new audiences
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience with emphasis on writing and strategy/planning
- Credible personal digital presence (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Innate sense of curiosity and resilience under pressure
- Thorough understanding of social media trends and best practices
- Experience using social analytics platforms (ex: Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills to deliver high-quality output, across multiple projects
- Comfort writing about science and sustainability
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Proven ability to use data to inform and guide decisions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- This position can be based in OR or CA, plan to travel 25% of the time between those two locations.
About Bolt Threads
We are a team that is dedicated to bringing sustainability to the materials that touch our lives. Our team is creative, inclusive, and multidisciplinary. We embrace curious minds that are resilient and can adapt in a rapidly evolving environment.
We provide each person with opportunities to learn and develop essential skills they will use throughout their careers. Each person can make an impact and add their unique footprint to the company’s journey.
We’re working on something big - innovating way better materials for a way better world is not easy to do. It is our collaborative and iterative approach to how we work that enables us to take on some pretty big challenges.
We don’t mind the hard work, in fact, we expect it to be, keeping it in balance with a supportive community and shared laughter along the way.
Our Story & Leadership Team
Latest Headlines and Media Mentions
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.