Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
The Head of Legal Affairs will report to the COO and provide legal support in areas such as drafting and supporting the negotiation of a wide variety of contracts, managing the workflow of the contracting process, and assisting with business development and licensing. The ideal candidate will be looking to build on existing strengths, in one or more of these areas, to quickly develop a broad range of legal and business expertise to support a growing cancer cell therapy company.
- Own and manage working relationship and workstreams with outside counsel
- Maintain resources and provide counsel for contracting activities across all functions including drafting templates and supporting negotiations for purchase of goods and services, clinical operations, and research collaborations, and protection of confidential information and intellectual property.
- Administer company contract review and approval processes, identifying process and guideline improvements.
- Provide timely and practical legal advice and solutions regarding laws related to product candidate development; manufacturing; product promotion; fraud and abuse; and interactions with vendors, CMO’s, contractors, collaborators, and clinical trial sites.
- Manage assignments and prioritize workload in line with the company’s objectives and departmental needs
- Support corporate governance, SEC compliance, People Operations and litigation matters as needed.
- Advise on the interpretation of legal documents in a manner that provides accurate guidance and practical advice while properly managing risk to the organization.
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization.
- Interact with external vendors and business partners.
- Work across all company departments to meet business objectives
- Other special projects and duties as assigned to support the Senti team.
- Active membership in good standing in at least one state bar required, CA preferred
- J.D. from a respected law school and sterling academic credentials.
- Minimum of 7 years legal experience in general corporate transactional and/or litigation matters with exposure to healthcare regulatory law, specifically the biopharmaceutical industry and healthcare regulatory law.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while remaining proactive, resourceful, flexible and efficient, and maintaining high quality and ethical standards.
- Excellent analytical and contract interpretation skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Experience with complex contract drafting and negotiations required.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of transaction types (e.g., public company, private company, stock purchase, asset purchase, cross-border, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide timely, practical, and actionable legal advice.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, independent judgment, a desire to learn, and an ability to take on and prioritize a wide variety of complex matters.
- High emotional intelligence, capable of collaboratively influencing decision making through respectful exchange of competing ideas and perspectives.
- Self-driven to identify and solve complex and challenging problems.
Salary and Benefits
- Market-competitive base salary, bonus, and stock options
- Wide array of employee benefits and perks
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.