Who we are
Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California (moving in 2021 to a new campus in San Carlos, CA). We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
Atreca is looking for a talented and self-motivated Scientist to join its In Vivo Pharmacology team. The Scientist will apply his/her expertise to Atreca's oncology preclinical research program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic and fast paced scientific environment. In this role, the Scientist will oversee and perform multiple efficacy studies testing various therapeutic agents and combination regimens in mouse tumor models. Job title/compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, conduct and interpret preclinical efficacy studies using mouse tumor models to test activity of drug candidates.
- Develop and optimize in vivo mouse tumor models for use on Atreca's oncology program.
- Work independently to perform and troubleshoot in vivo studies, and responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with scientists throughout the company to introduce and apply the most effective and efficient technologies and techniques to expand our portfolio.
- Coordinate activities with functional and project team members, interact cross-functionally with other departments
- Effectively communicate and present study results both at internal team and department meetings and to external scientific communities.
- Availability to work on weekends on a rotating schedule.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in immunology/oncology related discipline including strong laboratory experience with rodent tumor models. Or BS/MS with 8+ years of In Vivo experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Track record of high-impact publications and presentations.
- Experience in managing a broad scientific program utilizing relevant mouse tumor models (syngeneic, xenografts, GEMMs) and applied technologies enabling in vivo analyses.
- Substantial hands-on experience with tumor cell inoculation, animal dosing via multiple routes (sc, iv, ip and oral gavage), tissue collection and necropsy, tumor measurements and data recording, primary cell isolation, tracking health condition and survival of mice.
- Proficiency in animal model development. Experience establishing and working with humanized tumor models a plus.
- Strong self-motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Able to follow protocols and SOPs and execute multiple simultaneous tasks independently. Proficiency in animal welfare and overall knowledge of federal guidelines for animal care and use.
- Experience writing animal protocols and implementing new techniques.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to collaborate with Atreca’s scientific team.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals.
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results.
- Experience and proficiency with GraphPad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Zoom preferred.
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.