About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, senses urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its Cellular Products Division as the leading World Provider of Quality Cellular Products.
Position Description: Research Associate I (Cell Biology, Procurement)
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for procurement with third party vendors, and in parallel processing and isolating human and animal primary cells, while playing an active role in a team setting. In addition, the candidate will be receiving, cataloging, and retrieving reagents or internal products for experiments or shipping. This position requires patience working with vendors, basic knowledge of cell culture and the willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will be able to follow basic protocols and retain knowledge through diligent note taking in order to work independently and in a group setting. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for an individual to learn the basics of cell biology with exposure opportunities to the execution of cell-based assays in the area of therapeutic antibody or small molecules for research, preclinical, and early drug development projects.
- Procurement (obtaining quotes, scheduling, coordinating) and main point of contact with vendors
- Processing and isolating human and animal primary cells using various techniques, including immuno-magnetic isolation technology.
- Preparing buffers, reagents, and other laboratory consumables.
- Testing cell culture media and reagents.
- Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
- Handling and disposing of biological waste.
- Perform tissue culture with primary cells and immortalized cell lines.
- Generating electronic & written records based upon testing and analysis of cell and/or tissue samples.
- Validating new SOPs and/or equipment.
- Maintaining and organizing laboratory work area, consumables, and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
- Train new lab staff.
- Perform multi-color flow cytometry, including cell staining and data acquisition.
- Assist with cell-based assays such as cell line binding, cell cytotoxicity, ADCC, and CDC assays.
- Packaging materials for shipment.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds approximately 0 to 2 times per day/shift. Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds approximately 5 to 10 times per day/shift.
Activity: Lifting Large Shipping Boxes
Frequency: 0-2 times per day
Item Dimensions: 18"H x 12"W x 13"D
Weight: 40 lbs
Starting Height: 43"
Finish Height: 0"
Distance from Body: 5"
Activity: Lifting Liquid Nitrogen Racks
Frequency: ~5-10 times per day
Item Dimensions: 33"H x 6"W x 6"D
Weight: 25 lbs
Starting Grip Height: 43"
Finish Grip Height: 60"
Distance from Body: 14"
- Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
- B.S. with 0-2 years of experience in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- The ideal candidate will be patient, yet responds with urgency, highly adaptive and flexible, with some experience with tissue culture and aseptic techniques.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Organized and proactive in all aspects of work. Keeps detailed records of lab work and is detail oriented.
- A strong desire to learn about pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery and development is preferred.
- Technical Computer Software literacy, including GraphPad Prism, Softmax, and Flow Cytometry based applications (CellQuest, FACSDiva, and FlowJo) desired but not required.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive individuals.
- Ability to work independently after initial training period.
- General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).