The Financial Analyst/Manager is the financial partner to the Nurix Research functions. This position participates in the planning process and monthly close activities and provides financial information which enables timely and effective decision making to the business partners. This role is also responsible for developing ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Lead development of the annual plan for the Research organization. Partner with the functions to understand program priorities and objectives. Support functions to develop program and functional budget/LRP.
- Partner with Sr. Financial Manager to plan, budget and forecast for these departments.
- Responsible for collaboration forecasts with our two key research partners.
- Responsible for updating our Revenue recognition model utilizing the collaboration forecasts and actuals for our two research partners.
- Responsible for quarterly research accruals.
- Be entrenched and understand business partner’s operational and strategic project plans as well as associated opportunities and challenges.
- Highlight sensitivities & risks and deliver timely, accurate and granular reporting and explanation of performance, linking business drivers to variances in budget/forecast in monthly Budget Variance Analysis exercise
- Identify opportunities to improve business and finance practices and processes; make appropriate recommendations and implement accordingly
- Review purchase requests to determine whether they are within budget.
- Responsible for G&A departments including accruals and forecasting/budgeting.
- Ad hoc analytical support for senior leadership
- Future responsibilities might include supporting CMC/Preclinical and clinical trials.
- Other projects as needed
- Combination of 3-5 years of experience operating in an accounting or FP&A capacity within a biotech company
- Strong analytical, strategic, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines, and able to influence without authority
- Excellent attention to details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Demonstrated success building relationships across all levels within an organization. Independent and proactive self-starter who operates with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results, excellent business judgment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint; Previous experience with NetSuite and FP&A planning tools
- Biotech experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX principles, and 404b experience preferable
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.