NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is excited to hire a Ph.D. level scientist with expertise in antibody drug discovery and development to join our Biologics group. The ideal candidate will have already led a group of researchers to get an antibody candidate from discovery to the preclinical stage.
- Lead a team of Researchers to discover and develop novel antibody therapeutics using hybridoma or display technologies
- Serve as a company-wide antibody subject matter expert; provide expertise and insight to guide antibody drug candidate selection and characterization
- Brainstorm with Biology researchers to generate innovative ideas using various antibody formats, such as bispecific/multispecific antibodies, antibody-protein fusions, etc.
- Participate in discussions with company leadership to set strategies for drug development and research directions
- Manage antibody discovery and engineering projects from research to pre-clinical stage
- Troubleshoot experimental techniques with team members
- Serve as a thought partner for researchers designing antibody-focused experiments
- Generally be on top of the Antibody field in terms of literature, technologies, and the competitive landscape
- Ph.D. in Biology/Biochemistry
- Direct experience in discovering or engineering at least one clinical stage antibody therapeutic
- Broad and deep experience in antibody discovery or engineering, which may include hybridoma, B cell technology, and/or display technologies
- Strong publication record
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.