Nurix is seeking a skilled and motivated chemist to join the growing high throughput chemistry team within the Medicinal Chemistry Department. The scientist will:
- Be responsible for the design and execution of automated parallel synthesis experiments.
- Interact with Medicinal Chemists and DNA Encoded Library (DEL) scientists to optimize and validate chemical routes for their transfer to parallel synthesis platforms using both solution phase and solid phase chemistry approaches.
- Participate in the design, development, optimization, validation and integration of complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications on parallel synthesis.
- Be highly organized and demonstrate clear verbal and written communication
- Synthesis of chemical arrays using automated synthesis platforms.
- Integrate and establish workflow with automation robots, such as liquid handler, solid dispenser, parallel synthesizer and high throughput analytical systems.
- Streamline workflows and develop automated laboratory processes.
- Participate in the design of new automated workflows with the team as the need arise
- Contribute to maintaining automation systems and developing new protocols.
- Collaborate with medicinal chemistry teams and/or DEL scientists to apply automated chemistry capabilities to accelerate the discovery chemistry program.
- Participate in the design of new chemical arrays for Medicinal Chemistry projects.
- Contributing to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Provide training to medicinal chemists on usage of instrumentation when necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field. Title commensurate with education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, building and integrating complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is preferred
- Practical knowledge of the application of parallel synthesis techniques to synthetic or medicinal chemistry is required
- Knowledge of solid phase chemistry principles and/or solid support bound catalysts/reagent used in solution phase chemistry is preferred but not mandatory.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional environment with a can-do attitude to drive productivity and efficiency is required
- Experience with operating and programming liquid handling robotics platforms is required
- The ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot minor issues with high throughput synthesis systems is required
- Practical knowledge of Hamilton Instinct V XSL programming is strongly preferred
- Experience with high throughput synthesis systems (e.g., ChemSpeed, UnChained Labs etc.) is preferred
- Experience with modern cheminformatics tools, computational tools, enumeration tools and other scientific software for drug discovery is preferred