Bolt is a materials company inventing the sustainable textiles and ingredients of the future. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products that solve the problems of a resource-constrained world.
We are collaborative, driven individuals who love creative problem-solving. We’re always on the lookout for curious, resourceful, and motivated people who want to make a lasting impact. Join a diverse team of engineers, scientists, marketers, and consumer product experts.
We’re Looking For...
A self-driven Project Manager to join the Global Project Management Team (GPM) and manage the full lifecycle of a wide variety of technical projects from initiation, planning, execution, to monitoring and closeout. This role offers the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects collaboratively with organizational teams, bringing new novel products from ideation to commercialization. The ideal candidate will be trusted to collaborate directly with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to bring project deliverables to completion on time, in scope and within budget. Projects could also include business process improvements, facility upgrades, software technology implementations and others. This candidate will have a mindset oriented towards flexibility to meet a growing organizations’ needs and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment as it transitions toward commercialization.
- Independently manage new and existing product and technology projects from initiation to closeout, that you are responsible for delivering on time, on budget, and on capability through effective project management processes.
- Manage external partners, CROs, and third party vendors, consultants, contractors to ensure the work performed are within the scope of the project, and deliverables meet requirements
- Manage project communications to stakeholders and through the organization; cadenced release of project dashboards and status reports
- Provide key communication and coordination points, including management of technical meetings, agenda setting, facilitation of discussions, generating meeting minutes and action items tracking
- Identify potential risks and issues that may impact the success of the project; spearhead communication and collaboration among the teams to develop SMART solutions and next steps
- Maintain key dashboards and tracking tools to ensure project statuses are accurately reflected and up to date; relationship management with stakeholders and team members, including proactive check-ins and follow-ups as appropriate
- Provide proactive and innovative solutions for process optimization as necessary to ensure project productivity and efficiency
- Stewarding the continuous improvement and standardization of the GPM infrastructure at Bolt, including portfolio, program and project management processes, workflows, tools and templates
- Participate in departmental and operational planning forums with cross functional teams to ensure ongoing alignment of planned efforts with project scope and priorities; identify potential roadblocks and escalate as needed
- Provide cross-functional support to Research, Development and Manufacturing Operations teams as needed
- Work with project owners to ensure their requirements are being met and that the project deliverables are effectively transferred to them to operate, maintain and progress further.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them.
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline with at least 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application experience with project management methodologies, familiarity with hybrid methodologies is highly valued
- Experience with managing product and technology development projects through the various development stages and strategic roadmapping to commercialization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, dexterous and flexible with adapting effective communication styles
- Exceptional organizational and record-keeping skills, keen attention to details
- Proactive and self-motivated individual with commendable interpersonal skills
- Data-driven and disciplined in approach within a fast-paced, evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to facilitate technical and scientific discussions in a highly-diversified team environment, experience in distilling key information amidst dynamic conversations to ensure overall team alignment
- A system thinker with pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Manage through influence, lead by example
- Highly efficient with GSuite and MS Suite, experience with MS Project and Smartsheet is preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Familiarity with textile engineering is a plus
- Project management certification (PMP, ACP, CSM, CAPM) is preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%, while observing COVID restrictions
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.