Are you looking for a mission driven company where your work will directly impact human lives? Do you have a passion for scientific data and broad experience writing web applications? Do you think that cancer treatment should be personalized and want to build software to accelerate that reality?
At Notable Labs, changing the way cancer is treated is our mission, which starts with putting patients first. We've developed a high throughout robotic lab platform that uses a patient's live tumor cells -- in a microenvironment that mimics the human body -- to predict the safest and most effective cancer treatments. We screen thousands of FDA-approved drug combinations against the patient's own cancer cells to identify drug combinations that can be immediately prescribed by their doctor without a clinical trial. The end result of our process is a report which prioritizes therapeutic options for the patient based on how well the treatment targets their cancer cells relative to healthy cells.
Our platform is also used by a number of biotech and pharmaceutical partners to test the biological impact of novel drug combinations in a physiologically relevant environment, which improves and accelerates the drug development process. We harness the power of data science, lab automation, and software engineering to personalize cancer treatment and enhance drug development. Our investors include Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What You'll Do:
- Write clean, well crafted, modular, and maintainable code.
- Drive innovation by learning and teaching new frameworks and technologies.
- Build data-rich web applications for scientists and laboratory users to visualize scientific data, talk to robots, drive laboratory workflows, organize medical knowledge, and facilitate cancer treatment discovery.
- Write test code that matters, is lightweight, is easy to extend, and supports your quick development cycles.
- Work in a dynamic interdisciplinary environment on multi-functional project teams of: software engineers, automation engineers, data scientists, machine learning experts, bioengineers, computational biologists, process engineers, clinical and R&D scientists, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/training
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem (EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB)
- 3+ years of production experience
- Relational and NoSQL database experience
- Unix, Git, and other command line tools
- Significant experience testing critical code with modern testing tools and libraries
- Passionate about building scientific software for domain experts to improve and personalize the treatment of cancer
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to open source projects
- DevOps experience with AWS and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and data
- Experience with Python data tools (Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter, scikit-learn)
- Experience with data visualization tools (d3, Plotly, matplotlib, gg-plot)