Bolt is a materials company inventing the sustainable textiles and ingredients of the future. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products that solve the problems of a resource-constrained world.
We are collaborative, driven individuals who love creative problem-solving. We’re always on the lookout for curious, resourceful, and motivated people who want to make a lasting impact. Join a diverse team of engineers, scientists, marketers, and consumer product experts.
We’re Looking For...
An eager, hands-on Senior Associate Process Engineer who is ready to contribute at both bench and pilot scales to bring new materials into production. You will work in the Downstream Process Development team along with other scientists, engineers, and technicians to design, execute, and document experiments that increase our understanding of process parameters that are critical to product quality. Your work will directly support our production team in improving product quality, increasing production rate, and/or expanding our product offering. You will develop practical experience using fundamental engineering principles, data analysis, keen observations, and peer consultations as your guides.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Learn, understand, and demonstrate adherence to applicable safety procedures for bench and pilot work.
- Become familiar with at least two unit operations typically performed in the downstream process.
- Work with senior team members to design, execute, and document one or two experiments.
- Train in Bolt’s electronic lab notebook (ELN) system for bench experiments.
In the first 60 days you will…
- Develop a working knowledge of the entire downstream process.
- Execute and report on one or two experiments independently with some supervision.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Bolt’s electronic lab notebook (ELN) system, entering data accurately and completely.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Care in following safety protocols and procedures.
- B. S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Self-motivated individual while being able to work well in a team environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and conscientious with excellent record keeping (SOPs).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and work standing 75% of work day.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%, including international travel, while observing COVID restrictions.
- Familiarity with MS Office and Gsuite.
- Experience with electronic lab notebook software and JMP is a plus.