Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series B, privately-held biopharmaceutical company backed by The Column Group. The Company was founded in 2016 by leading scientists from the Gladstone Institute’s Cardiovascular Division and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Tenaya is dedicated to addressing heart failure through multipronged efforts that target the fundamental cellular pathologies present in diseased cardiac muscle and that leverage cutting-edge research in cardiac development and regeneration.
Tenaya has a lead gene therapy program focused on in vivo reprogramming of cardiac fibroblasts to cardiomyocytes to regenerate heart tissue, and additional programs focused on cardiomyopathies.
Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 60+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA.
Tenaya encourages those from under-represented communities to apply.
Observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the animal research facility. Perform animal care and husbandry tasks. Conduct laboratory procedures. All activities are performed in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines, approved experimental protocols, and accepted animal care practices.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, including:
- perform daily water bottle and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding and health
- May be involved in maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping/sanitation duties and adhere to safety procedures in accordance with SOPs, policies and SDSs
- Assemble, set up, operate and maintain any necessary experimental equipment including ventilated cage racks, biosafety cabinets, and some surgical equipment
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results, and variation from expected data patterns
- Help maintain facility records for the Vivarium
- Communicate animal welfare reports to Lead PIs, IACUC Chair, and Attending Veterinarian, as appropriate
- Record and prepare data for inclusion in project reports
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements as directed by lead PIs. Procedure include:
- IV, SQ, IP, IM injection techniques in rodents
- Blood collection:
- Tail vein in rodents
- Orbital sinus in rodents
- Cardiac in rodents
- Necropsy and tissue collection
- Perform rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO
- Interact with other personnel within the department, as well as the Attending Veterinarian, to develop resources, optimize facility processes, and facilitate completion of assignments
- Contribute to prepare and maintain active Vivarium SOPs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Be willing to work on weekends and holidays on a rotated schedule
- High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.), equivalent required
- Two to four years husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility
- AALAS certification is a plus
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
For immediate consideration, please share your CV and publication record (if relevant) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.