Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
Surrozen is seeking a creative, hard-charging protein scientist to join its talented and passionate Protein Sciences team.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Molecular & Cell Biology, or related disciplines
- Technical expertise in molecular biology, protein expression, and purification is required
- Experience in protein and antibody engineering preferred
- Understanding of structure/function relationship and how protein ligands activate key cellular pathways
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Construct, express, purify, and characterize antibody-based drug candidate molecules with desired potency and efficacy
- Explore and engineer next generation molecule formats
- Document, report, and present at team meetings to drive studies to elucidate protein-ligand interactions to inform engineering of novel molecules
- Collaborate closely with a fully integrated team to make key decisions on program progression
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferry
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove)