Associate Scientist–Translational Immuno-Oncology and IHC (Biomarkers) at Pionyr Immunotherapeutics
South San Francisco, CA, US
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is an immuno-oncology company based in South San Francisco focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individualfor a full-time Associate Scientist position whowill be dedicated to developing tissue-based technologies to enable translational biomarkerstrategies that helpdrive clinical and discovery programs at Pionyr. The candidate will also help overseeand manage CRO-based projects for CAP-CLIAIHC assay development and validation.The ideal candidate will possess in-depth experience in validating immunohistochemistry (IHC) and multiplexed immunofluorescence assays, antibodies, and tissue-based transcriptomics. He/she will also have strong communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a commitment to excellence.Specific Responsibilities Include(but not limited to):
- Design, develop, and execute translational immunohistochemistry (IHC) and multiplexed IHC assays to support patient stratification, pharmacodynamics, toxicology, mechanism of actionstudies for the therapeutic drugs, and prediction of clinical response from early discovery to first in human proof of concept.
- •Develop and execute tissue-based experiments, including optimization and validation of novelantibodies, in preclinical human and mouse models.
- Staining tissues from various species with different methods including H&E, special stains, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunofluorescence (IF), and In Situ Hybridization (ISH and FISH).
- Image, analyze, andscoretissue sections, including mouse tissues and human FFPE blocks and Tissue Microarrays (TMAs).
- Overseeand manage CRO-based projects for CAP-CLIAIHC assay development and validation.
- Analyzing complex IHC datasets andclinical biomarker strategies to select patients and monitor clinical response.
- Develop and use quantitative image analysis methodsfor the evaluation of clinical and preclinical samples.
- Expertise in immuno-oncology biomarkers and the tumor microenvironment is highly desired.
- Performing multiplex IF staining up to 4-7 colors using human and mouse tumor tissues to understand spatial interactions within the tumor microenvironment.
- Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team and company meetings, and contributing to scientific publications.
- Effectively collaborate in highly matrixed organization to drive advancement of early stage projects into translational and clinical development.
- Masters in Pathology, Immunology,Cancer Biology,Cell Biology,or arelated field,with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in an industrial lab setting.
- Experience in routine histology work, including tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning.
- Experience in staining methods, such as H&E, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence, and In Situ Hybridization.
- Expertise in dual color and multiplex Immunofluorescence IHC assays.
- Experience in using light and fluorescent microscopy, autostainers, high-throughput slidescanner and Vectra Perkin Elmer are highly desirable.
- Experience in extracting RNA from FFPE tissues and transcriptional profiling is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using imaging software to analyze and quantify images, such as HALO,Visiopharm, or in Form software
- Ability to organize and maintain data, including quality control records.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting including pre-clinical and clinical teams.