Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist –Immuno-oncology at Pionyr Immunotherapeutics
South San Francisco, CA, US
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated candidates for multiple full-time Sr. Research Associate or Associate Scientist positions (level dependent on candidates’ experience). Candidates will have an opportunity to play an integral role in advancing our early therapeutic candidates into the clinic. At Pionyr Immunotherapeutics we use a combination of advanced flow cytometry, in vitro and ex vivo bioassays, as well as in vivo models to address challenging and critical questions. The successful candidates will provide research support encompassing immuno-oncology, myeloid biology, cancer biology, cell and molecular biology, and immunology techniques.Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Performing in vitro and ex vivo immunology-focused assays to assess the functional activity of candidate immuno-oncology therapeutics and interrogate thefunction of myeloid cell populations, particularly in the context of the tumor microenvironment. Techniques routinely used include cell subset isolation from primary cells, immunophenotyping, and immune functional assays, such as complex multi-parameter flow cytometry, ADCC and ADCP assays, cell signaling and reporter assays, and ELISA.
- Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through surveying the literature, data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Immunology,Cancer Biology or a related field,with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab setting.
- Ability to design, develop, and execute research activities in a timely manner. This includes every aspect of the process from review of relevant literature through execution of experiments.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while delivering high quality work.
- Experience in standard immunological techniques and immune assays,including flow cytometry,ex-vivo assays,ELISAs,ADCC/ADCP bioassays,and immunophenotyping mouse and human primary tumors.
- Experience with atleast 4 color flow cytometry and with DIVA and FlowJo softwares
- Experience with standard cell culture techniques,as well as isolating and working with primary,blood-ortissue-derived cells from mouse and human tissues.
- Experience with high through put cell-based assays,reporter assays,RNA extraction and qPCR,siRNA/shRNA knockdown,CRISPR-mediated genome editing,molecular cloning,and lentivirus generation and transduction.