Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
The Temporary (Sr.) Research Associate will work assisting the in vivo preclinical studies in Atreca’s oncology research program. In this role, the RA/SRA will perform multiple efficacy studies testing various therapeutic agents in mouse tumor models. A successful candidate will rely on their expertise to initiate and measure tumor progression, administer therapeutics, and document their effects on tumor growth. This position will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic scientific environment. Job title and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in vivo studies to evaluate anti-cancer efficacy of test agents in tumor mouse models
- Monitor mice groups enrolled in drug efficacy and mechanism of action studies
- Administer therapeutics by various routes (IP, IV, SC, & PO)
- Monitor in-life study measurements: tumor volume, body weight, tracking overall health condition and survival of mice
- Record data in animal management software
- Work on weekends on a rotating schedule (1 weekend per month)
- Follow laboratory best practices and safety guidelines
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Biology or related field with 2+ years of direct experience with mouse syngeneic and/or xenograft tumor models in a commercial or academic vivarium
- Experience with orthotopic tumor models is desirable (models of renal cell carcinoma, colorectal cancer and mammary carcinoma)
- Experience with tasks related to efficacy studies: tumor cell implantation, tumor volume measurement, blood draws (survival and terminal bleed), and necropsy
- Experience with dosing by various routes of administration (IP, IV, SC, & PO)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to collaborate with Atreca’s scientific team
- Proficiency in animal welfare and knowledge of federal guidelines for animal care and use
- Ability to follow instruction and meticulous at data collection
- Capable of managing time and assignments in a fast-paced research environment
- Reliable team player, hardworking, and strong work ethnics
- Transparent and open communication is a must
- Strong analytical and presentation skills are desirable
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.