NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is excited to hire a passionate biologist to join our discovery biology team. This role will involve creatively thinking about biomedical problems and independent design and execution of experiments with the goal of advancing biologic medicines to clinical development. An ideal candidate will be a soon-to-be or recent PhD graduate in the life sciences with a big-picture understanding of mammalian biology.
- Designing and executing independent experiments
- Consistent critical review of scientific and patent literature
- Presenting to internal project teams and R&D Leadership
- Liaising with Commercial Research Organizations (CROs) and academic collaborators
- Lead select research meetings
- Working with a team to develop assays and perform experiments
- Teaching techniques to collaborators and research associates
- Deep understanding of mammalian biology
- Substantial mammalian cell culture experience
- Substantive experience with in-vivo models experiments
- Proficiency in experimental design and execution
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to consistently understand and articulate scientific concepts and interpret data
- Excellent project management skills
- Well-versed in Excel and Graph Pad Prism
- PhD in biological sciences, with 0-2 years of experience since graduating
- Track record of high-impact publications and presentations
- Deeply passionate about Biology and scientific discovery
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.