Circle Pharma is a pre-clinical stage, life sciences company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics, with an initial focus in oncology. Our discovery platform allows us to address challenging therapeutic targets such as intracellular protein-protein interactions.
Our structure-based drug discovery platform encompasses target affinity, cell permeability, medicinal chemistry and macrocycle synthesis, tightly integrated with biochemistry and cellular biology. We have recently closed a $45M Series B round of funding, with investments from premier life science investors, The Column Group and Nextech Invest, and we are looking to expand our team. We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website, www.circlepharma.com
We are looking to add a Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology to our growing Biology team. Reporting to our Senior Director of Biology Research, our ideal candidate will have the first-hand experience and knowledge needed for the design and execution for PK/PD. Our successful candidate will contribute to our goal of discovering novel treatments in the field of oncology, and coordinate pharmacology efficacy and PK/PD studies.
What You'll Do:
- Work with pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles for the design and execution of PK/PD, tolerability and efficacy studies of targeted therapeutic drug candidates
- Work with pharmacological models for oncology drug discovery
- Demonstrate PK/PD/efficacy relationship for drug candidates on oncology tumor models (cell & patient derived xenograft and/or genetically engineered mouse models)
- Own the relationship with contract research organization conducting in vivo studies on our behalf, as well as all associated study analytics
- Work at the interface between pharmacology and toxicology
- Strong scientific background with Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral training in oncology, complemented by knowledge of tumor immunology fields is preferred, with strong publication record
- 3 to 5+ years of industry or academic experience in oncology
- Proficiency in handling rodents and ability to prepare formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP), and collect blood as well as various tissue samples for analysis using multiple techniques
- Experience using animal models to develop and enable preclinical translational strategies/studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assemble and present complex data sets is required
- Ability to interact in a matrix environment, cross-functional team setting composed of biologists and chemists, is required
- Experience in tumor microenvironment biology
- Working knowledge of immune oncology animal models
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off, in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Currently we have modified work arrangements, including both on-site and remote working. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. New employees who do not start on site in our laboratory facilities are provided with IT supplies to work remotely and will be on-boarded virtually whenever possible. We recognize that these are difficult times, and are we doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.