Pendulum is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and clinicians interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
About the position:
We are looking for a passionate Diabetes Educator to join our team and help us provide consumer education and consumer support for our product, Pendulum Glucose Control, a medical probiotic that is clinically shown to lower A1C levels and blood sugar spikes. As part of our product offering, consumers also receive nutrition support in the form of 1:1 individualized nutrition consultations where the dietitian will provide nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy. Reporting to our Diabetes Education and Patient Engagement Manager, you will work as a nutrition consultant for our customers, helping engage, empower, and educate them along their journey with Pendulum. This is a highly patient-facing role, and we are looking for someone who utilizes positive reinforcement and an up-beat personality to help encourage our consumers to be their healthiest!
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct initial nutrition consultations and follow-up’s providing nutrition assessments for consumers purchasing our product
- Provide diabetes education and nutrition recommendations to consumers who are purchasing our product
- Provide customer support and motivational coaching to customers in nutrition consultations
- Monitor consumer progress and provide feedback and encouragement utilizing motivational interviewing skills
- Work closely with Customer Service to assist the consumer as needed
- Review and prepare educational content and activities to help users make lasting behavioral changes and improve their diabetes management
- Remain current on the rapidly changing field of diabetes management and the latest recommendation for patient education techniques
- Other responsibilities as assigned such as content creation, recipe development and analysis
- Document in electronic customer relationship management system and keep up-to-date documentation and sheets utilizing a cloud-based application
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition/dietetics from an accredited four year university, required
- At least 5 years of professional dietitian experience
- Registered Dietitian (RD) required with current certification by CDR, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist strongly preferred
- Must have state licensure if residing in state that requires licensure
- Patient-centric, positive and upbeat attitude to be a cheerleader for the consumer
- Motivational Interviewing skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Comfortable working remotely and independently, a real self-starterExtremely strong relationship building skills
- Open-minded, compassionate, and non-judgmental
- Flexibility in working with a wide range of individuals across different communication mediums (text/voice/email)
- Critical thinking and tech-savvy, ability to solve problems within multiple computer applications. Ability to learn a new software quickly.
- Proficient with cloud-based applications such as Google Drive, CRM’s (Salesforce), and other technological systems
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.