Senior Research Associate, Discovery Sciences (Temporary) at Atreca
South San Francisco, CA, US
Atreca's IRC technology identifies anti-tumor human antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. Our goal is to apply this technology to elucidate and characterize novel tumor targets and associated biologic processes that were selected for attack by the patient's immune system. In this position, the successful candidate will apply their skills in protein biochemistry to perform epitope characterization as related to tumor specificity of our novel targets. These will include characterizing tumor-specific post-translational modifications, complexes and expression. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in molecular biology and/or protein biochemistry and experience in optimizing conditions to move studies forward to reach project goals. As a successful candidate you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating across groups including in vivo pharmacology and translational sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with mechanism of action studies to characterize antibody:antigen interactions and biological activity
- Purify proteins and other macromolecules using chromatographic methods including anti-FLAG and Ni-column purification
- Characterize purified material by 1D & 2D SDS-PAGE, western blots, autoradiography
- Integrate with members of in vivo and in vitro pharmacology to carry out studies
- Validate antibody:antigen interactions using ELISA, flow cytometry and SPR techniques
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practice
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years research experience or Master degree with 4+ years research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Extensive experience with protein chromatography, SDS-PAGE, western blots, and immunoprecipitation is required
- Experience with cell culture and cell transfection desirable
- Must be comfortable working with radioisotopes as needed, e.g. 35-S, 32-P, 14-C, 125-I
- Must be able to work independently
- Experience working in industry highly desirable
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.